The largest roadway project being undertaken by Cointer is known as the “Michoacán Road Package”.
This is a concession contract, for a period of 30 years, to develop the construction, modernisation, conservation and development of a series of sections forming the toll motorway between Pátzcuaro-Uruapan-Lázaro Cárdenas, in the state of Michoacán, in Mexico.
The length of the motorway project contained in the tender is 361.4 km, of which 273.2 km are existing roadways and the rest, 89.2 km, form new roadways.
At the present time, the complete section between Patzcuaro-Uruapan-Lázaro Cárdenas is operational and the Morelia bypass, with a total of 8 toll booths and 55 payment lanes.
- Planned investment in construction works: €436 million
- Weighted Average Daily Traffic on open stretches: 5.000 vehicles
- Average Daily Traffic on Patzcuaro-Uruapan stretch: 9,000 vehicles
- Concessionaire’s employees: 280
- Annual collection (Tax included): €48.5 million
Highlighted construction works:
- Patzcuaro-Uruapan-Lázaro Cárdenas stretch updating
- Construction of the 64.1 km long Morelia beltway
- Construction of the 25.2 km Uruapan beltway
- 56.7 km of road duplication on the Pátzcuaro-Uruapan stretch
- On the 215.4 km Uruapan-Lázaro Cárdenas stretch: 100 km stretch adaptation and 59.4 km stretch extension
- 10 truss bridges
- 2 Service Stations